Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Forum keeps logging me out

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Forum keeps logging me out

Post by Chris_R »

Is there an issue with the forum? Every time I leave the forum I have to log back in next time I connect, this is despite checking the box on the login screen that should keep me logged in and about half an hour ago while logged in and browsing topics I went to post a reply to one and immediately I clicked on the "Post Reply" box, got thrown out in mid-session and had to log in again to type up the reply.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Forum keeps logging me out

Post by John-B »

I haven't had that problem. It sounds as if the cookie which logs you in automatically is deleting itself, but I can't tell you why.

It might be useful to delete all cookies and let it set again, but all your other cookies will also be deleted unless you can delete only the forum cookie. You may not be able to delete just one.

I presume that you don't log out after being logged in. Just check the box to stay logged in and close the browser without logging out and the cookie should work next time.

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi, is this something to do with the recent GDPR requirement, not sure but I get a lot more having to agree to cookie handling now, and I removed auto cookie handling on my pc and did a reset and they went away. might be that or might not? Tony

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I've just noticed that "Delete all board cookies" is a button at the bottom of the screen which would save you deleting all your computer's cookies.

Cookies do have an expiry period but I doubt if that has changed.