Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Parts Prices

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Parts Prices

Post by New Dexter »

I am sure we have all seen some eccentric prices for parts for the cars covered by this forum but how does one price a particular part? Given that many of these cars were a very limited run in the first place the demand for second hand parts, good or bad, is limited. Yet something which had a reasonable value in the first place might not even have a market now.
Take, for example, DG autoboxes. These were fitted to many cars apart from Daimlers. Ford Zephyr/Zodiacs MKs 2 and possibly 3, Armstrong Siddeleys yet is there a market? I doubt it. One of our number was advertising one for sale last year I think and wasn't flattened in the non-existent rush to buy it. However, does one just weigh them in? There are still cars fitted with them. Who would want them?
I would suspect that anything for a Daimler version of a Jaguar might have a better chance of being sold. If we consider the recently advertised DR450 which appeared to have a red velour upholstery did that material reduce the value of the car?
I have always found it strange that one could buy a Daimler E/EL 24 for a reasonable price but stick a RR grille on any car and it rockets in price.