Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Something for the Daimler Sir

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
AntonyB

Something for the Daimler Sir

Post by AntonyB »

As an opener I should state that I have no financial or other connection with Waitrose or Berry Bros & Rudd, but currently my local Waitrose has The King's Ginger (an alcoholic liqueur at 41%) on offer at £19.50, and according to the publicity information it was specifically created for King Edward VII après Daimler drives.

The King literally lived life in the fast lane. He would endlessly drive his horseless carriage (a Daimler), whatever the weather. So much so, that in 1903 the Royal Physician became concerned about the monarch’s health. So, he called on Berry Bros. and Rudd for a solution, a high strength liqueur that would warm and revivify His Majesty. Crafted from ginger, (for centuries celebrated for its medicinal properties) The King’s Ginger was born.

Rich, golden and delightfully crisp in flavour, it helped King Edward stay colourful and ready for whatever came next.

So if you need a reviver (for medicinal reasons naturally) after a drive out in your Daimler and need to convince anyone of the need for a glass, then what better a response than 'if its good enough for the King its good enough for me'.

Happy driving and drinking (only in that order though).

Antony