Please don't post someone's email address or, if you must, put spaces around the @ or change @ to (at). Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation after nr. as this negates search.

Posting a thank you message

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Roark

Posting a thank you message

Post by Roark » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:19 pm

On another forum of which I am a member it is possible to post a "thanks" on the bottom of a helpful replay and this need not necessarily be the original enquirer.
Would it be possible for this to be in place on this forum?

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Posting a thank you message

Post by John-B » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:48 pm

Unfortunately this phpBB free forum is quite basic and doesn't have that facility as an official extension. There was an extension coded for an earlier version of phpBB but it is recorded as unstable on our later version. A note says "Precaution: As the ext is still in development, major changes still can be applied which could require full extension purging and reinstallation, so use it on your own risk. DO NOT install it on production boards. For testing purposes only."

I know of another phpBB forum where the administrator did code a "Like" thumbs up button but he borrowed the code from somewhere else and modified it considerably. It would be way past my capabilities so the only way to say thanks on this forum is to create another post.