Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

sticky - Some POSTING QUESTIONS answered

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything

Re: Some Posting questions answered

Post by #100910 »

Thank you John.
After the third post the "edit profile" option did appear.
Being among the dumbest creatures to ever break wind I had assumed I had registered incorrectly.

Mike0Ryan

Clicked Links to New Tab?

Post by Mike0Ryan »

Well, let me try to make a my first post in the new forum.

One thing I've noticed while experimenting here is that clicking a link seems to always bring the new page up in the existing tab. I like it much better when a clicked link comes up in a new tab (which is what the old forum does).

My two cents... I mean shillings!

EDIT: Double

I should have looked in the forum suggestions and feedback "announcement" thread where others have already brought this up. Oh well, at least it gave me reason to practice editing.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Clicked Links to New Tab?

Post by John-B »

Mike0Ryan wrote:Well, let me try to make a my first post in the new forum.

One thing I've noticed while experimenting here is that clicking a link seems to always bring the new page up in the existing tab. I like it much better when a clicked link comes up in a new tab (which is what the old forum does).

My two cents... I mean shillings!

EDIT: Double

I should have looked in the forum suggestions and feedback "announcement" thread where others have already brought this up. Oh well, at least it gave me reason to practice editing.
This can be coded by the Administrator, see https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... w-windows/

This forum is still nearly in default, basic format; there are plenty of extensions that can be added for various effects.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: sticky - Some POSTING QUESTIONS answered

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I've received a PM from a forum member to which I have written a reply. I clicked 'submit' and it moved to my 'outbox' - where it resolutely remains. How do I actually send it to its intended recipient?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

John-B
Site Admin

Re: sticky - Some POSTING QUESTIONS answered

Post by John-B »

Your PM has been sent up to our server but stays recorded as in your outbox until the other person reads it, after that, when you next log in it will go into your sent folder.

It's a way of telling you whether the other person has seen it. It might be listed in your outbox for months if the other person never logs in or never reads it.