Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Old Forum

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Old Forum

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

The old forum seems to have been down for the last couple of days. I hope it's not disappeared for good - there's still plenty of useful material on there.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Old Forum

Post by John-B »

You're right. I looked at it a few days ago and it was OK. I've asked the DLOC IT department (Graham Emmett and Peter Baker) if someone has been altering a few things related to the DLOC server.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

John-B wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:14 pm You're right. I looked at it a few days ago and it was OK. I've asked the DLOC IT department (Graham Emmett and Peter Baker) if someone has been altering a few things related to the DLOC server.
A week on and it's still down. Any news on the situation John?
Nick

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Peter B is investigating. Board changes last year may have left a few management issues to be looked at. :shock:
Edit: It just goes to show that we shouldn't jump to conclusions, it was the hosting company's fault!

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The old forum is now available.

The hosting company had upgraded the server software and the forum software had some incompatibilities which caused it to crash. They did know about it but had not had the courtesy to tell us.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

grahamemmett wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:57 pm The old forum is now available.

The hosting company had upgraded the server software and the forum software had some incompatibilities which caused it to crash. They did know about it but had not had the courtesy to tell us.
Thanks for the update Graham.
Nick

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Nick, just wondering how much you use the old forum and when you do are you looking for something specific?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

grahamemmett wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm Nick, just wondering how much you use the old forum and when you do are you looking for something specific?
I wouldn't say I was a regular visitor Graham, but I probably refer to it once or twice a month; usually to check on information that I remember being there but of which I can't remember the detail. As a repository of Daimler and Lanchester information and problem solutions it is still extremely useful. It still seems unfortunate that the content could not be migrated to the new host, but at least it remains accessible.

I'm sure that answers to many of the questions raised in this forum have been comprehensively detailed at some time in the old one.
Nick

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

I also missed the old forum. Just as an example there is a Conquest for sale at the moment. Just by typing the Reg No. into the old forum a huge amount of information about the car from 7 years ago becomes available. Thanks, Ranald

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I also use the old forum for two reasons:
1. I often get an email saying that someone can't log in even though he knows his username and password. I look up his email address and email and find that they aren't in the new forum list, so I look up the old forum and find him or her there. I then have to tell him that the old forum is archived and he has to register again for the new one. It's surprising how many members of the old forum still turn up after several years away.
2. Sometimes there is a question and I know I've seen several topics in the old forum, so I search for them and give a link.