Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Where has it gone?

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Where has it gone?

Post by A.N.Other »

I have noticed a few times now that after doing a lengthy reply to a post, by the time it get round to pressing submit it just disappears into the either. Very frustrating and I wondered if it is due to others posting at the same time on the same topic and one of us being unlucky.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Where has it gone?

Post by John-B »

I haven't noticed that, but there have been times when I either forgot to click submit or I did but too lightly for it to do it.

One solution is to draft a reply in Notepad and then copy and paste without any delay into the post reply.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Where has it gone?

Post by A.N.Other »

It doesn’t seem to be a case of not clicking or doing too lightly. That would still leave the post visible. It seems to be that the submit button sends and the post is sent in the normal manner but then it simply doesn’t appear on the forum. It probably is a little too deep for the techi’s To sort this time round but we can only hope that they read this and sort it out when the new forum is launched.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !