Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Charles in Cuba

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Charles in Cuba

Post by Sydsmith »

Charles was shown driving an MG TD on the BBC news last night, did anyone spot the red SP250 when they panned around the cars he was looking at?

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Charles in Cuba

Post by John-B »

Did you see the reg. nr.? Do we have a member in Cuba?

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

3 x red MGA, didn't see an SP250.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am 3 x red MGA, didn't see an SP250.
Left front wing only :D

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Yes John, as you say a small part but without doubt an SP250, just checked the latest PaSPort and it is not in there, have emailed Laurence, I bet he knows about the car already though. Syd

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Laurence was not aware there was an SP250 in Cuba so it is yet another to add to the list, does any one have any idea how we could follow this up, friend in Cuba or going there for holiday soon perhaps?

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I posted on the SP250 website that I bet Laurence didn't know about it and it seems I was right.

The man to ask would be the man owning the MG that Charles drove. I think his name was mentioned by the BBC. He may be the organiser of all the classic cars.

Either ask the BBC for his name or ask David Manners (our patron) if he has sent any spares to Cuba. He shouldn't divulge the email address but he could ask the man he sent parts to if he would like to let us know the car's details.

No one on this forum has stated a location in Cuba, nor on the DLOC members' list.

Could the car have come over from Miami?