Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Christmas presents

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
John-B
Site Admin

Christmas presents

Post by John-B »

The first three presents I had were all classic car related!
One was an Airfix kit of a red E type (Oh dear, do I want one of those?), the second was a book about classic cars (Classic Car Adventures by Richard McCann) which I haven't read yet, but it has lots of photos, none of which is a Daimler, Lanchester or BSA.

However, the book came with a bookmark which has a 1" plastic car on the end which is definitely an SP250! Unfortunately it's only half longways, (the RHD half with the steering wheel), only moulded on one side and the other side is flat as if it's been cut down the middle. Unusual I think to have a Daimler SP250 on a very cheap bookmark. A pathetically badly moulded piece of plastic, but a surprise that some company chose a SP250.
Needless to say, the bit of metal that goes between the pages has already broken off so I have the car on its own to admire all the time. :D
P1014172Dartminiature1.JPG
P1014168Dart-miniature20191226-1024x766.jpg

Ursa major

Re: Christmas presents

Post by Ursa major »

One of my Christmas presents from a not-altogether-enthusiastic spouse...
Attachments
IMG_4327.JPG

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Christmas presents

Post by grahamemmett »

Ursa major wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:40 pm One of my Christmas presents from a not-altogether-enthusiastic spouse...
Hilarious!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)