Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Who is online.

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Who is online.

Post by NickDeAth »

I see the numbers as creeping up. 25 today at some stage. I wonder if some of "the old school" could be persuaded to give it a go if anyone has contact with them.

Nick.
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Who is online.

Post by watkindj »

still a long way to go as only 317 members on here and record on old forum was 333
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

Nick, I understand some of the" old school" do visit on here but still wont sign up. I feel they think the new forum demise was deliberate act of destroying the site we all liked without appreciating it was really dead on its feet behind the scenes. We did not want to let on too much at the time but accounts were being hacked so easily and there was nothing we could do with the outdated security that works fine on here.

rovermorris999

Post by rovermorris999 »

I can't see the point of a head in the sand attitude, things move on so fast in IT it's easier to keep up to date as you go along than have the upheaval of a major change forced upon you.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Our railway volunteers' forum has just been updated (after 12 + years!!) and basically for the same reason our own one was - outdated technology riddled with holes for the hackers to get in.

I can honestly say that no - one complained and just transferred over.

To me what's important is what's in the forum than what it looks like.
Normal for Norfolk

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

theoldman wrote:
To me what's important is what's in the forum than what it looks like.
Certainly agree with that; unfortunately there's an awful lot in the Old Forum that isn't in this one - and at the time I'm penning this, that resource is still inaccessible.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

This Forum is now almost as familiar as was its predecessor in its heyday. I've not had any difficulty accessing the old one using the link at the bottom of the Forum contents page any time I've tried it for a least the past 3 weeks.

Perhaps it will gradually become more accepted and more widely used as the reluctant ones realise that everyone else is now enjoying its social and other benefits, which are at least as good if not better than was the predecessor.

Cheers

Geoff

Crossley Stephenson

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Thoroughly concur Geoff.
Cheers
Michael

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

I personally have taken some getting used to the new site but appreciate the problems with the old. I'm sure it will be ok in the long-term.

Its clear that the value of the site is in the contribution of all Members, and the quality of the answers, so we need a big population.

As for the old stalwards, I have been in contact with one of the "missing" and will continue to egg him on until
he returns to the Daimler and Lanchester Fold. Time will tell.