Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Royal Toy Car

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Royal Toy Car

Post by Ian Slade »

Geoff,
Living on the south coast, I'm not sure I can agree with you, we saw the Pathe news where the Daimler was prominent in the early days, especially George VI and the royal tours in the 50's, regarding the programme Elizabeth at 90 one possibly would not see the cars especially if they were travelling in them and they were family taken. Most film tends to be official events and the cars tended to be the the cars in the cavalcade, many early newsreel tended to have the state roller followed by the last discarded and so on, in the 50's the Daimlers started off as the next in line then regressed to further down the line as time moved on until they went to the museum, from Norfolk Lads post it seems they are not forgotten and quite a few still exist, just we live in the wrong part of the country. Perhaps it would be nice to have them transported to the Transport Museum in Glasgow for an exhibition, rather than us having to find them in the south.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Well done Norfolk Lad, that's what I remember.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

YET ONE MORE
Attachments
Royal-Family (1).jpg

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Just a brief update on the 'Daimler' toy car which is actually a badge engineered Citroen as found at Sandringham Museum last week!

SimonP
Attachments
DSCN0569.JPG
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Sadly i had seen the bit about the Citroen car being altered to look like a Daimler did not have the heart to tell, all those lost years with the idea it was but then it was altered as Charles had wanted a Daimler.
Bit of they all look the same then as now hard to tell one make from the other in present production cars.

Wolferton station seems to cover the cars of the Royal Daimlers.