Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Come ON You Horrible Lot

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Mark Bullen

Re: Come ON You Horrible Lot

Post by Mark Bullen »

I'm socially distancing from mine so can't do any jobs.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

I would like to make some more progress with the Consort but unfortunately the garage is remote from my house and I don't want to push my luck with the essential journeys guidelines. But other things that have put off have been attended to.

Message for John B , since you posted a picture of your SP in that rather nice looking " shed" , what size is the shed please?

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

NickDeAth wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:47 pm Message for John B , since you posted a picture of your SP in that rather nice looking " shed" , what size is the shed please?
Nick
My garage is 4.80 m x 3.00 m externally with doors 2.40 m wide x 2.00 m high and it has a window and artificial slates on the roof. It was made by Poultons, Dorset tel. 01747 853067.
It was purpose made because it sits on a retaining wall at the back and part of the far side. It cost about £11,500. The concrete slab was by another contractor but I can't give you a cost because the retaining walls were built with the slab.

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

Here is my SP just back from a run to the local shops for milk and chocolate.
I use a Carcoon with a dehumidifier running inside to keep the humidity below 50%. A simple single board computer sends the humidity readings over a wireless link to my home computer so I can keep an eye on things.

Mike
Attachments
IMG_20200419_102244.jpg

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

classiclife wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am Thanks Nick,

Another bit of extra knowledge for the grey cell library; have to say I have never heard of that carburettor before.

Great to see a photo of your lovely car again !!

Best wishes.

Richard.
Rochester was a US carburetor, I think part of General Motors. I think Ford also mostly did their own did also use Carter. Chrysler for the most part used Carter or Holley.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

John, I have to say it is a very nice looking building!

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

From a photo collection saved from the bin in the 90's guess it was taken late 80's but sadly seems it is now gone
Daimler  Majestic CDG583F20200420_18512866 (2).jpg

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Possibly, possibly not. CDG was not an original issue registration from 1967/1968 so is a re-registration issue. It might still exist on another registration (perhaps its original one). Or it might have fallen into decay and disuse and been scrapped, or stuck in a barn somewhere. It looks like a members badge on the grille?

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

Chris_R wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:25 am Possibly, possibly not. CDG was not an original issue registration from 1967/1968 so is a re-registration issue. It might still exist on another registration (perhaps its original one). Or it might have fallen into decay and disuse and been scrapped, or stuck in a barn somewhere. It looks like a members badge on the grille?
That's what I was thinking too, although, if DVLA was notified that the car was scrapped with that reg still associated with the car, then it comes up with "Vehicle details could not be found", which is the case for cars that I have scrapped in the past.
For cars that I took apart and didn't notify DVLA (before the days of SORN), then the car still comes up in DVLA.

CDG583F comes up as "Vehicle details could not be found" which implies that at least one car was scrapped with that reg https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?locale=en

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Brian-H wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:49 am CDG583F comes up as "Vehicle details could not be found" which implies that at least one car was scrapped with that reg https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?locale=en
Or the vehicle has been re-registered under another number. That also gives the same result.