Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Come ON You Horrible Lot

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Come ON You Horrible Lot

Post by Norfolk Lad »

We are in Lockdown so need to stay at Home but where are you all next to No Postings.
Sorry to bring this up but the OLD FORUM had more life than this one, yet we can easily post photo's now.
Peter

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Come ON You Horrible Lot

Post by John-B »

I'm all ready to go to the Wilton Wake Up next Sunday, oil changed and cleaned and polished, but it's been cancelled so I'm only planning to take the Dart one mile to collect some watercress!
DSCN1911291256dart-in-garage600x450.jpg

heh101353

Post by heh101353 »

Not much to ask when doing stuff like this:

before

Stage one finished

Hope the pics keep you entertained ... :D

Hans
:o owner since 2015 :mrgreen:
https://www.wyhe.ch/

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

I'd noticed there was a lack of activity on the forum, but then I'm one of the culprits that posts very little. I was furloughed for 3 weeks and now since the governments latest announcement another 3 weeks. The consolation is that I now have a very tidy shed with just a few more boxes to thin out, for a change the shed is getting bigger instead of smaller! I'm getting a taste of what being retired is like and I'm starting to like it.

Another consolation is that the loft is getting emptier. I'm having a de-clutter in preparation for a possible house move next year. It's surprising what you have saved that might be handy that's now been in storage for 40 years.

I'll post some pictures of my old school wheel arch reconstruction in a couple of days I need to do it on the PC.

What's everybody else doing whole confined to barracks?

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Well, given that the Devil finds work for idle hands, I think it was he who found me this particular job - carburettor strip down, clean and rebuild....... :twisted:

.....before......
P1320149.JPG
....during....
P1320156.JPG
....and after.
P1030053.JPG
Obviously not Daimler or Lanchester - but oh Lord, give me an SU any day! :(
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Post by classiclife »

Hello Nick,

Is that a Pierburg carb or a Weber which I cannot identify ??

Best wishes.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

classiclife wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:13 pm Hello Nick,
Is that a Pierburg carb or a Weber which I cannot identify ??
Best wishes.
Richard.
Neither I'm afraid Richard, but certainly fixed-jet - It's a Rochester Quadrajet and it comes off this....
P1320101.JPG
...that hopefully will run rather better when I can take it out again.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Post by classiclife »

Thanks Nick,

Another bit of extra knowledge for the grey cell library; have to say I have never heard of that carburettor before.

Great to see a photo of your lovely car again !!

Best wishes.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

No real shortage of things to do especially now the weather is warming up a bit. In one corner the recently acquired Austin 12 has had various minor defects attended to but awaits nearly £300 of double duck material to make a new hood as the original one was rather tired to say the least. In the meantime we've made a tonneau cover for the rear and I've repaired the hood frame.

In another corner, the two Lanchesters appear to need not a lot although one had a dead battery. I only replaced it recently, well, 10 years ago now I come to think of it so I suppose it hadn't done too badly really. The front seats on both could do with some sympathetic restoration so I suppose we should attack them some day. My wife made a new rear seat covering for the Riley that they are sharing a workshop with, photo attached. It's undergoing complete refurbishment by me, the wooden body frame being the most complicated and time consuming. I gave myself an easier day yesterday stripping and painting the near side engine bay but I still have some complicated metalwork to make. The aim is to try and have it ready for a new fabric roof covering to go on by May/June to take advantage of the warmest weather and stretch it in the sunshine.

The biggest problem is that we have now really run out of space and while I have a fair idea of where we can put up some more garaging, there's not much I can do about it just now until various firms start up again. Well, no excuse for sitting inside, better get back out and get on !
DSC00175.JPG
DSC00174.JPG
DSC00177.JPG
Attachments
DSC00177.JPG

Alpine Daimler

Post by Alpine Daimler »

Lower steering column overhaul, new socket made as old one was worn and new T-piece bearings made from "PEEK" as new so called replacements from the usual suspects are not fit for purpose.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_2c9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2cb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2ca.jpeg