Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Heading Photos

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Heading Photos

Post by Sydsmith »

Cant help admiring the high quality of the work that has gone into the Hooper Daimler 3 litre on the heading photos this week. What a labour of love and what an impressive job they are doing. Is this recent or from the archives? Has the car been finished? Syd

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Heading Photos

Post by John-B »

Sydsmith wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am Cant help admiring the high quality of the work that has gone into the Hooper Daimler 3 litre on the heading photos this week. What a labour of love and what an impressive job they are doing. Is this recent or from the archives? Has the car been finished? Syd
Ask Barrie.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Thanks for that John I presume it is a subtle funny.

Thanks to my trusty Daimler guru friend however, I have received information on this remarkable vehicle others might like to share in.
https://aclassiclotaday.blogspot.com/20 ... ooper.html

Well worth a read even if you would never buy one. Seems our header car is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Syd

JohnRidley

Post by JohnRidley »

I can claim to have been responsible for the restoration of 592 JGK. I acquired it from John Wentworth of Stanford in the Vale, Oxon some years ago. The car was offered at a knockdown price on the understanding that I WOULD restore it - I had not realised that John must have been ill as he died not long after. Anyway, I kept the promise, but just before final completion, I had a mild stroke and driving it was just too much. Thus ended my Daimler driving days but I can continue to be of help to members with DVLA.

It has a twin in Australia and so the chance of the two meeting up are remote.

John Ridley

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Hi John Ridley, thank you so much for your contribution, having done a body off restoration of an Austin York some years ago, I can't imagine what that restoration must have cost you in man hours money and stress.

It was interesting to speculate why it was anyone would have gone to so much trouble. But having discovered the history and rarity of the car and now learning the motivation you had to complete, I fully understand.

Having searched the old grey matter I seem to recall something about the car in either the old forum or in an older magazine. Thanks again. Syd