Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Fa Wiz At?

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Fa Wiz At?

Post by Fossil »

Hi All

The topic title, roughly translated from the old Aberdonian. means "who was that?".

Margaret and I (note, NOT "me and Margaret") were en route to Glasgow today Monday 3rd August via the A82 dual carriageway and at approx 2pm we passed a dark blue SP travelling in the opposite direction, ie westwards, in the vicinity of the Erskine Bridge slip road. I didn't really see it because traffic on the eastbound side was busy, but this is a very rare occurrence, even allowing for local owners of SPs, none of whom own a dark blue car. We were in vehicular mufti, a silver 4x4.

Does the Blue SP owner visit the Forum? We'd be delighted to know who has decided to visit the west of Scotland at this time, given that Cornwall and the south west is a far more popular destination than Scotland for stay at home holidaymakers, and we are currently somewhat cooler and wetter than the southern half of England, perfect for our garden plants, less so for those seeking clear blue sky!

However whomsoever it is we wish you a wonderful stay!

Regards

Geoff

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Fa Wiz At?

Post by Stan Thomas »

Good morning to you Geoff - and Margaret!

Regarding your eagle-eyed spotting of an SP - I hope you will keep a look-out for sleeve-valve Daimlers too!

Best regards,

Stan.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Fa Wiz At?

Post by Fossil »

Stan

Thank you for your reply! If I saw a sleeve valve Daimler almost anywhere I'd immediately turn around and try to catch it, unless en route to an A+E department with someone acutely ill. But that is such an unlikely occurrence, were it to occur we'd probably not be en route to Glasgow at the same time since we are such home birds now and rarely venture out esp in these restricted times.

Interesting old cars of other marques are not so rare here because the A82 is the primary route to many parts of the west coast of Scotland, including Loch Lomond and the old 'Rest and Be Thankful' hill climb course which also remains popular. Jaguars, Austin-Healeys, MGs, Triumphs, Rolls-Royces and so on, yes. Pre-1970 Daimlers, no, except on certain evenings when our Noggin takes place in Balloch at the southern tip of Loch Lomond, of course!

Cheers

Geoff