Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

One thousand

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

One thousand

Post by Sydsmith »

Just recently I noticed my postings are approaching 1000 and that led me to think about how to celebrate the milestone and I came up with this one.
10 grumps of an old man.
(1) What happened to a kindly wave when you give another driver or he gives you the right of way, or a thank you when you let someone out before you entre a doorway.
(2) What has happened to respect your elders.
(3) Why do vehicle manufacturers make driving and repairing modern vehicles so complex.
(4) Those who cycle on the pavement or the wrong way up a one way street.
(5) Cars with tiny windscreen washer bottles, why can’t they make them a decent size.
(6) Fuel spill on a filling station nozzle when there are no gloves available.
(7) Folks who get up too soon in an aircraft when the seat belt lights go out despite a plea from the Captain and air stewards to stay seated.
(8) People who stand for many minutes waiting to pay for their purchase, then spend five minutes searching for their purse/card to pay at the checkout.
(9) Groups of young folk who make old folk step off a pavement to pass them.
(10) Builders who build houses without a chimney, how do they think Father Christmas is going to bring my presents.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: One thousand

Post by John-B »

Tell us your 990 other grumps. :D

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

We had titles when we reached a number of postings on Old Forum We all lost all of them in the change so where would we be with regards to postings now Syd.
You would be a grand master or something similar and so would I ,guess that has all gone now just grumpy young men.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I didn't realise that I had the permission as a second level administrator to set ranks, so I've created a special rank just for Syd, temporarily. Look under his username to the left of his post. I'll delete it soon. Hope you don't mind, Syd.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Many thanks John we will feel very important for a short while.
Stay safe .Peter

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I love a bit of fun and don't mind a leg pull at all John, where would we be in life if we could not laugh at our selves :lol:

I can't recall where I had got to in the old forum or what my title was, seem to think it was over 500 but I do think we could revive the tradition if admin could cope.

Noticed the numbers quite by accident but I bet it had you all looking at your totals.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

There was a post about numbers of posts being carried over to this forum, but it's no use anyone telling me what they think they had on the old forum because I can't alter the post number for anyone on this forum without access to the database, which I haven't got.

I've created a rank "Wise Guy" for over 500 posts which can be interpreted as a wise, intelligent man or slang for "a person who is brashly and annoyingly conceited, knowing, etc.; smart aleck." If the cap fits ....

Personalised rank descriptions may be available at a price. :o :lol:

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Syd and John CAN SEE OTHERS HAVE TITLES so we are not alone some may think i am the latter in Wise Guy, so they can smile and i will laugh at myself don't dish it if you can't take it is one of my sayings.
Fun and good humour is good for us even more so now in the way this year has caused us to stay at home.
The title i give myself when i mend things is " the village idiot has done it again " which annoys the other half , keep smiling and laughing we need this more than ever :D :lol: :lol: :o :o

Peter

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

John-B wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 pm I've created a rank "Wise Guy" for over 500 posts .......
It's better than smart-arse .... :D ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Hi John-B,

I'm afraid you have set something of a president calling Syd "Grumpy" - so being a direct conotation with the seven dwarfs in Snow White, here's your challenge:

Who are you going to call the other six?? i.e:

Dopey - Doc - Happy - bashful - Sneezey and Sleepy?

Stan.