Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Titles or "ranks" for individuals or groups

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Titles or "ranks" for individuals or groups

Post by Chris_R »

The only problem with the "Wise Guy" rank is one of the meanings: "a person who makes sarcastic or cheeky remarks to demonstrate their cleverness". Not sure if that's how I wish to be known. :roll:

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm The only problem with the "Wise Guy" rank is one of the meanings: "a person who makes sarcastic or cheeky remarks to demonstrate their cleverness". Not sure if that's how I wish to be known. :roll:
Yes, I mentioned that in the other topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5651, deliberately ambiguous, but the sarcastic meaning is spelled in one word - wiseguy - so you are OK.

Edit, I've decided that the title Wise Guy is likely to be misinterpreted too often and a step too far for some members, so I've changed it to Wise Man

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

John-B wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm Edit, I've decided that the title Wise Guy is likely to be misinterpreted too often and a step too far for some members, so I've changed it to Wise Man
Isn't that too gender specific in these enlightened times?

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 pm
John-B wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm Edit, I've decided that the title Wise Guy is likely to be misinterpreted too often and a step too far for some members, so I've changed it to Wise Man
Isn't that too gender specific in these enlightened times?
I have thought of that. I have other titles in mind for our female members but none have reached a number threshold yet and unlikely to do so for a while.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I have just managed to reach the rank of wise man. Considering my girth I think the s should be a d. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Big Col wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:50 pm I have just managed to reach the rank of wise man. Considering my girth I think the s should be a d. :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, you asked for it. :D
When you reach 1000 posts you might be a Very Wide Man. :shock:

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !