Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Happy Christmas 2020 and drive a lot next year!

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
John-B
Site Admin

Happy Christmas 2020 and drive a lot next year!

Post by John-B »

Have a Happy Christmas all on your own this year like I will - peace and quiet away from all the hustle and bustle of the season; I haven't been in to Salisbury at all recently except in the dart to fill up with petrol. I haven't missed the crowded shops and all the noise, no repetitive carols from loudspeakers everywhere, I must be getting old. I've turned off the TV every time someone talks about Covid 19 or Brexit, which seems to be all day.

One niece is trapped in France and another trapped in London, but I expect we will email each other.

I've been out walking every day along muddy footpaths and meeting lots of local people and petted their dogs and I've managed to take the Dart for a run once a week when the roads have been almost dry.

The photo is of me at Christmas 1977 on Carita Beach, Java, how I wish I was there now but I expect Lali has changed a bit!
laliandme.jpg
You can see more Christmas 1977 photos here to make you jealous! http://www.wickham43.com/jakarta/caritaphotos.html

Start planning classic car events for next year - be optimistic. :D

Jazz on PBS America right now, 1930s cars everywhere, lovely jazz and nightclub girls high-kicking, that's the Christmas I like. :D

Many thanks to everyone who has helped someone else on this forum.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Happy Christmas 2020 and drive a lot next year!

Post by grahamemmett »

I can certainly see why you were attracted to Java,John.

Thank you for all the hard work maintaining this excellent forum for the rest of us to enjoy all year.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Carita Beach? Nice place. Did you go out to Krakatau?

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:06 am Carita Beach? Nice place. Did you go out to Krakatau?
Not at that time but I was working with an electrical engineer in Jakarta who had a pilot's licence and he flew a plane with two of us over the volcano Anak Krakatau (child of Krakatau) which had just started erupting a few days before, in 1978. It erupted more after we flew over it. It was just the remains of the huge 1883 explosion, small islands at the time, but has grown since, I believe.
WIN_20201223_120350.JPG
The main Kraratau in the distance.

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

John-B wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:16 pm I've turned off the TV every time someone talks about Covid 19 or Brexit, which seems to be all day.
Ditto

GrahamH

Happy Christmas

Post by GrahamH »

Happy Christmas to all members and their families, I hope you have a wonderful time (given the current situation) let’s hope we can get back to some sort of normality in 2021 🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎂🎂🎂🍷🍷🍷

Stay safe everyone
Graham & Helun
Attachments
73551712-2007-4ACC-AE92-A2E0E420A419.gif
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Post by classiclife »

Hello John,

Echoing Graham's comment - another thanks for all your hard work; the Forum has provided a superb conduit for all to communicate especially during this troubled year.

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2021.

Best wishes.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024