Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Forum access and updates

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Forum access and updates

Post by A.N.Other »

I have just read your post John B about how nice the forum is. And believe me it is. Probably the best forum I use and all because of the option to read all the current posts by date on the current posts rather than trawling through each section. The fact is it, gives me a chance to see all aspects of the marks without getting too focused and anal and offer help and support throughout. I believe the function also lets me collect as much as I give.
That said I don’t understand why when I log out and then want to go back to look, it shows the current date, ie 22nd January but when you go in the section the earliest date that can be seen is the 20th. So when I want to access your post I can’t. It’s not there but it is in the title scene.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Forum access and updates

Post by John-B »

I'm not quite sure I understand your problem, but you may be confused by "stickies". As you say, Active Topics shows all posts in date and time order, but if you go to the Chat forum directly it will show the Joke topic at the top with a latest post date of 20th January. This is because it's a Stickie, together with several others and they all have a light bulb icon. The normal posts like your recent post about updates starts below these Stickies with a normal circle and text icon.

Stickies are for important topics that the administrator doesn't want to disappear from view as time makes them drift down and onto a later page. I put the Joke topic as a Stickie because I didn't want all jokes to start their own topic; I thought it would be better to have all jokes in the same place and a Stickie will keep the topic easily noticeable.

Not all sections have Stickies and some have several.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Forum access and updates

Post by A.N.Other »

OK I’ll see what happens in the future. Thanks for the quick response.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !