Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 Owners Club

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

SP250 Owners Club

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I note that the SP250 Owners club website now includes a forum that so far hasn't received much in the way of postings. The site is nicely presented but seems a little confusing to navigate. The site has been set up and developed by Andrew Wardle using open source WordPress software. It has the worthy aim of providing a hub to link all the various international SP owners clubs but I guess at the moment it needs some publicity to get it underway. Could I suggest that SP owners who haven't yet visited it have a look and feedback their impressions?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

dansdaimler

Re: SP250 Owners Club

Post by dansdaimler »

Nice. It won't let me register though, what's going on with Daimler forum registration? No matter who's forum, they all have logging issues.
Daniel
1962 Daimler SP250

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Yes I tried to log onto their forum too and didn't manage it. Reaching the age when I tend to blame myself for such things!

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

It is a very attractive website but I'm not sure of its intended purpose because, IIRC, the option of a separate website from the DLOC site (this one) for SP owners was aired some time ago, and the overall feeling seemed to be that it would be better for SP matters to remain part of this site since the SP Owners' Club remains affiliated to the DLOC.

Personally, without wishing to criticise the architect of the SPOC site and its forum, I'd rather that SP issues remain part of this forum because it is simpler and, apart from having another Daimler model, I like to read all the threads, especially about pre-war models, including the Lanchester and BSA sections. I will, however, visit it, but maybe not as often as this one if time is limited.

The range of models that the DLOC and its forum caters for is still one of its fundamental attractions. One of these days I might even acquire a pre-war Lanchester (preferably a st 8 open tourer of course). But I can still dream when I read of other members' experiences of their cars.

Cheers

Geoff

Bud

Post by Bud »

Tried to register there 5 X unsuccessfully and finally emailed in for HELP.
May have inadvertently clicked on the Garbage Sample while trying to figure out where to INPUT new PW.
Now it won't let me correct anything.
A little better EYE-lite or hi-lite to the "Change ME Area Here" would have helped.