Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Electronic ignition

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Electronic ignition

Post by New Dexter »

I have a vehicle fitted with a Lucas 25D6 distributor. I suspect it was one fitted to many vehicles of the sixties and seventies.
420197 is, I believe, the points set for a Conquest but it doesn't fit my distributor even though it's marked up as DCS117.

However, there are two companies Accuspark and Powerspark who advertise on the internet and ebay to supply electronic ignition sets for this distributor. Does anyone have anything positive to say about these systems and which would be the better of the two? It would be nice just fit the system and then not have to adjust the points.

It had been running fine, passed its MOT and came home to be parked in the garage. Then, when I wanted it to do some work, it cut out twice and then refused to start.

Dave Glyde

Re: Electronic ignition

Post by Dave Glyde »

I have fitted a Powerspark electronic ignition to my DB18/2 and was very easy to fit taking about 10 minutes to do. Runs very well now. The attraction for me was that just remove the distributor plate complete with points and fit the new system which comes on its own plate. Can, if needed, switch back to the points system in a few minutes on the side of the road with just a screwdriver. Available in positive and negative earth for about £25.
Dave in Dartford
1948 DB18/2.