Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DAIMLER GARAGE

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

DAIMLER GARAGE

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Just had to have a photo of this 25 years since my last visit my how it has changed ,i will have to complain no Lanchester ir BSA sign above the door. Peter
Attachments
IMG_20160825_131109.jpg
IMG_20160825_131049.jpg
beamish garage.jpg

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: DAIMLER GARAGE

Post by NickDeAth »

Been there, it's very good. Well worth the visit.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Yes Nick a great day well worth the effort and so much area now compared to my last visit was well impressed, they told us they plan a 1950's village next built inside what is there now.
Take it a visit to the coal fired cooked in drippig chip shop was part of your day, never had chips that hot since i was a small lad and they were cooked the same way and served from a lorry.

Hall's of Banham Norfolk came to the village every week. Peter
Attachments
IMG_20160825_143203.jpg

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

You made me stir the memory bank with mention of a chip shop. I'm thinking "chip shop, what chip shop?"

Then it came back to me, behind the school or there abouts, and yes the chips were very hot!

We only went about a year ago, strange how things sink to the bottom the memory bank so quickly.

Nick.
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"