Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Out and about in the Kaisertal Tyrol Austria

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
Alpine Daimler

Out and about in the Kaisertal Tyrol Austria

Post by Alpine Daimler »

Thought some of you may like to see these....makes all the keep 'em going effort wothwhile, was a very warm day mind you.
Must learn to edit out traffic junctions and grumpy facial expressions, could also learn to smile a bit occasionally!
Regards
Rob c.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Out and about in the Kaisertal Tyrol Austria

Post by grahamemmett »

You lucky devil!
Such a gorgeous country.

Perhaps we should have a DLOC International Rally in Austria?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Alpine Daimler

Post by Alpine Daimler »

I'm sure we would be made most welcome, there is a thriving and very active "Oldtimer" movement over here, the cooling system must be up to muster though!

I think you are all also very lucky over there to be able to motor around in all that glorious scenary you have which I shall, alas, most likely never be able to enjoy in my V8 saloon.

Regards
Rob C.

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

Lovely scenery, superb roads, considering the terrain, a great bit of film.
But don't you guys ever talk to each other?
Would be nice if you had a second microphone near that exhaust so we can hear that baby roar!
I the East Midlands we have a few railway bridges that I just love to drive through to hear that wonderful exhaust melody..
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Alpine Daimler

Post by Alpine Daimler »

I could, I suppose, place the camerawoman in the luggage compartment, temporarily remove the lid and get the recording instrument a little nearer to all the noise The problem would be getting her in amongst trolley jack, significent pieces of timber, toolbox, largish spares box, axle stands, canisters, tow rope, zantac pills etc....the list is endless, you most probobly know how it is!
I prefer the timeless quality of chatter free filming, I was also keen to get those dinging cow bells in, they are there. We speak german which may be of limited interest here, my really bad german, which I am told makes me sound like a dutchman, I am reluctant to reveal to the world wide web.