Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimlers at Goodwood Revival Part 1

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
captain bobo

Daimlers at Goodwood Revival Part 1

Post by captain bobo »

Walking from my V8 250 through the classic car park to the circuit each day I passed several Daimlers. For some reason this forum restricts me to posting four photos (even small file sizes) so I have created several topics in this section.
Attachments
Img_4619.jpg
Img_4606.jpg
Img_4512.jpg
20160910_090317.jpg
Best wishes, Dave B

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Daimlers at Goodwood Revival Part 1

Post by grahamemmett »

Special Sports went for £25,000

I've never seen the blue DB from Germany before, I wonder if he's a club member.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

The forum is set to allow only four images per post, to stop someone posting a whole gallery, perhaps over 100 or more, which would soon fill up the database.

However, you can post more than four images! You probably notice that your photos are in a frame with the word Attachments above, whereas my post about Berwick St John Fayre in the Events forum has six photos and does not have the frame and the word Attachments above the images.

I'm not sure exactly what causes this, but it's due to the way the images are posted. It may be because you are using the image icon above the post window (you don't need to, just place the cursor in the post draft and click place inline) or because you are posting from an external url inside image tags or because you are using a different browser or operating system.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

This new forum does overcome what was seen as a limitation of the old one in that images can now be uploaded directly from your PC. The disadvantage of this is that the images are now stored on the forum server and over time will eventually consume a large amount of storage.

When images are inserted from an external web hosting facility (such as Photobucket) the image itself remains on that site. All that is stored on this site is the IMG reference. Using an external hosting site was the only effective way of posting images on the old site and although we have a more direct facility here, it is still possible to use IMG codes on this forum. This method is not limited in number so using it will allow any number of pictures to be included in a single post.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".