Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Parking in Prague

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
Ursa major

Parking in Prague

Post by Ursa major »

I recently took my SP on a trip to Prague, to make the most of the last of the summer sunshine, and to see how it performed and how comfortable it would be on its first long trip. I am happy to say that it behaved faultlessly, was more comfortable than my daily driver and received a lot of attention on the road. Constant sunshine for 4 days driving over 2,000km, mainly off the motorways with the roof off all the way. Marvellous!

One of my concerns, however, was parking it in Prague. The last Airbnb I stayed at that advertised secure parking turned out to have an open air car park with an old man on a stool during daylight hours; pools of glass dotted around it showed the number of nightly break-ins.

This time, therefore, I made sure that I would have an underground secure space. I wasn't expecting this though:
Prague Parking.mp4
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
Maybe those of you who get out more than I do have seen such things before, but this is a first for me!

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Parking in Prague

Post by Chris_R »

Those are very good, I did consider getting a single width one for my own garage (I have too many cars).

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Parking in Prague

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am Those are very good,
... as long as there is a crank handle to use during a power cut. :shock: