Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler bus at Shadwell 1914

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
John-B
Site Admin

Daimler bus at Shadwell 1914

Post by John-B »

A Daimler bus at Shadwell sent by Denise Trickett of the Shadwell Local History Society.

She says "The photo is of the Moortown bus at the Shadwell bus terminus at Old Brandon Lane 1914. The driver was Mr Warburton, and the children are from the Heweson, Sheard and Todd families. The village shop is in the background and a small part of the present day Fish and Chip shop is just visible on the left. The bus route was extended to Ash Hill Drive in 1969, where the bus terminus is today.
Shadwell-bus02.jpg
Shadwell-bus01.jpg

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Daimler bus at Shadwell 1914

Post by A.N.Other »

Even at the low speeds achieved in the day, I wonder if the amount of tilt when cornering made for an exciting or frightening ride. The centre of gravity does appear high.
As a Leeds lad it nice to see the photo.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !