Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Consort

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Consort

Post by NickDeAth »

Since everybody says uploading pictures is easy, I'll try it!
pic001.jpg
pic001.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1762 times
And I think I have succeeded.

Nick

Reg. nr. LXA 183
Last edited by John-B on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Reg. nr. added
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Re: Consort

Post by John Hitchins »

It is easy doing the pictures as you found Nick, it makes it more interesting see members of the Forums cars. Like a magazine in fact.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Now I'll try some text from the old forum.

Consort Restoration.

Let me tell you a story (as Max Bygraves used to say). My Father always wanted a Daimler, when he died he had 2. A Consort and a Majestic Major. I should say here that my Father died when I was 18 and I am now 55.My brother and I inherited the 2 cars. not too sure what to do with them in depths of Bow in east London. My brother solved the problem of the Major when a railway bridge jumped out in front of him (it was very rusty anyway-the car not the bridge).We decided that by hook or by crook we keep the Consort. The gearbox used to miss a gear and the engine was a bit lumpy so it passed around various lock-up garages until one garage was broken into and the car was vandalised- headlights, side lights windscreen and some bits.
As the years passed there was marriage, a house, children, decorating etc.
The car eventually came to a garage near my home in Romford where it laid unloved for several more years until I made a start on the resurrection.
I found the head gasket blown, fuel tank and pipes blocked, gearbox doing silly things. Head came off and was skimmed and valves ground in (this was before unleaded petrol came about- if only I'd known). The gearbox came out- overhauled and refitted. The petrol tank came out and is still out while I stitch the rusty back end together again.
I've just realised I could write a book about this but my 2 typing fingers are now getting sore and anybody reading this is getting bored.I could fill in some more details if any body is interested.
The above may bring some meaning to my sign off!
Nick

Do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?

Isn't this technology wonderful?

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Great to see a man with a plan and is keeping to it , yes i have work that is taking much longer than i planned so we will see which of us finishes first.
Still look at the number of owners we have saved the cars from in the last 30 plus years. Peter

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

To add a bit more, I was 55 when I wrote that. I am now 63. I'm hoping to get all the nasty bits done before I draw my pension.

Nick