Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wing Mirror Fitting

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Wing Mirror Fitting

Post by theoldman »

I need to fit a wing mirror to the Conquest. Ordered a nice convex one off Flea Bay.

Can anyone help me please with a picture as to the optimum place to put it on the O/S wing? I lost most of my "OYT" pics when the computer crashed and the ones I have left don't really show the mirror position?

Thanks in advance,

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Pendle

Re: Wing Mirror Fitting

Post by Pendle »

Neil,

I checked my strict Conquest and my DJ252. Both have flat mirrors. Measurements are as follows:

Strict - 22" back from rear of chrome headlight surround; 1.25" (toward side) from wing centre

DJ 252 - 17" back from rear of chrome headlight surround; 1" (toward side) from wing centre

I was surprised by the difference - there may be a lot of variation and useability may not be that sensitive to position. I find the mirrors on the DJ 252 easier to use, but a convex mirror might be better in the closer position?
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Thanks, Chris, just what i wanted.

Better dig out the tape measure....................
Normal for Norfolk

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Fitted to your exact measurements, Chris and works a treat!! Again, many thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20170217_130328834.jpg
Normal for Norfolk

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

I need to do the same for my DJ252, so thank you both - Chris for the measurements and Neil for trying it first!
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252