Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Insurance Valuation

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
clevitt

Re: Insurance Valuation

Post by clevitt »

I could accept the requirement for an authorised valuation at the time the policy commences, but I found the bi-annual revaluation an unnecessary chore, even when the club was able to provide this service. I agree that the Registrars are best placed to provide a valuation service for their models, but they first have to accept this responsibility and a process put in place before members can use the service.
So far, I have talked to Hagertys and Abbeyfields, and for an AV of £30K, they both require only photos not valuation forms.
Hagertys wanted 8 photos, Abbeyfields only 6, but neither wanted updated photos at the time of renewal unless the AV changed.
Chris

prickle

Post by prickle »

I can do valuations.
I prefer to see the car, but will also use photographs.
There is no charge.
Barry

clevitt

Post by clevitt »

Hi Barry,
For my own part, I have changed Insurers to negate the requirement for valuations, but how do you feel about volunteering for the vacant position of DLOC Valuations Officer?
Chris