Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Latest DVLA "Rip you off" Scam

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Latest DVLA "Rip you off" Scam

Post by theoldman »

Sits here seething.......................

1. Buy new Car
2. Send off yellow slip for old car.
3. Acknowledgement does not arrive, so you wait for 6 weeks as stated on the DVLA site, before phoning up.
4. Phone up. "No, we haven't received it".
5. Give details of date of sale and dealer details.
6. Ask for RFL refund. "Sorry, we can't give you one as it runs from the date of notifiction. (Tax expired end of this month)
7. "But I sent you the yellow slip"
8. "We didn't receive it"

I wonder how much moneythey make by "not having received" the yellow slip?

Yes, i know it was only £21, but it's not the principle - it's the money...............................
Normal for Norfolk

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Re: Latest DVLA "Rip you off" Scam

Post by John Hitchins »

Neil not trusting them I always send by recorded delivery and get electronic receipt so no arguments. they must make a fortune.

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

I always send by recorded delivery as well, because this has happened to me in the past.

Do you get an automatic refund of RFL now, or do you still have to fill in a form? I ask because I am just about to go through this myself.

Mark

Vengaburns

Post by Vengaburns »

You should be able to just complete the online form now when you sell the car, and the tax will be refunded by credit/ cheque. I did it when I sold my MGF