Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Hagerty Insurance

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
silverdart

Hagerty Insurance

Post by silverdart »

I was speaking to someone recently who owns various classic cars. He was extolling the virtues of Hagerty and said they were a first class company, very quick to settle any claims in the event of an accident etc.
Does anyone have any experience of dealing with them?

Dave.

JSabah

Re: Hagerty Insurance

Post by JSabah »

I've had Hagerty for years. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I've only had 2 claims (on the same car). 1st I has a small engine fire and then I was rear ended in my Sunbeam Tiger. In both cases they paid so fast (before the work was done) that I was concerned that they were trying to pull a fast one on me, but they assured me that if something came up that would cost more , it would not be a problem. Thay also allowed me to do the work as I wanted, for instance instead of buying a new made in Taiwan rear bumper for replacement, I was able to have the original re-bent, welded and re-chromed with no issues..

Bottom line ... I'm staying with them.
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

spnx

Post by spnx »

I just insured my SP250 with them. Great to deal with so far and they gave me a good rate.

PatrickDixon

Post by PatrickDixon »

I have insured with them for the last few years and although I haven't have to make a claim I've found them very good to deal with and genuinely knowledgeable about and interested in the cars.

The policy seems good, with recovery and cover to drive any other Haggery-insured car included, and when I added another car to the policy it was very straightforward and good value.

Bud

Post by Bud »

Have had my SP and my 442 with them since 2004. No limitations on vehicle uasge, if its nice when you wake up, you can just go for a ride any time of the year.
Not even the slightest quiver in their service for me, or my wife who was returning home on the highway and was struck by a deer 150 miles from home.
Kia towed the car to the nearest dealer as per car warranty. Hagerty towed the car back to our local dealer for repair as I had the extended road service that applied to any car in my family. That alone was worth the policy.
Nothing but KUDOS given to Hagerty from this end my friends.

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Hi Guys, Thanks for your comments. Seems that I cannot go wrong, I shall definitely be insuring with them come renewal date!

Dave.