Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Can anyone recommend an engineer

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Can anyone recommend an engineer

Post by ranald »

Hello, I'm looking for an engineering company to fit hardened valve seats. Can anyone make recommendations. I'm in North Wales but would travel to anywhere in the NW of England + maybe Midlands. Thank you.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Can anyone recommend an engineer

Post by Stan Thomas »

Chase Engine Services in Stoke-on-Trent are worth contacting (no connection), as their work is really excellent.

Their number is 01782 834322.

That said, if I may give you a tip - whoever you chose, make the effort to go along and see the facilities they have, taking the part(s) with you.

Why I say this is twofold.

Firstly a lot of people advertise, but in reality sub-out your job, and add on a percentage for themselves. Secondly, you need to satisfy yourself that they really have the equipment and know-how to do your work.

Some while ago I saw an "overhauled" Century head where they had centre-punched the head around the new valve seats to hold them in place.