Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

AA charges again!

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
John Hitchins
Site Admin

AA charges again!

Post by John Hitchins »

I know been discussed before on here but I was outraged with this years bill from the AA.

I use the AA as I like the fact no car is named so great for classics and modern cars I use but I received a bill of £192 for relay and general (not home start) for this year.

Thank goodness we have the internet to check! The same service for a new customer is £129 so as I never use the AA (hopefully) I demanded that price. I was asked how miles I do a year and told the chap that was irrelevant. After silly music the price was agreed.

BT are doing just the same and car insurers, its time they realised the public are not stupid.

Dobbinridesagain
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: AA charges again!

Post by Dobbinridesagain »

Stupid... or just inert. The end result is the same, and companies do indeed take advantage.

My father was an RAC member.
For me, the Breakdown cover that comes with our motor insurance(s) has always seemed the better option. Perhaps different if one is running multiple cars, but surely most drivers are not?

Ivor

Warsash 2

Re: AA charges again!

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
With Peter James it is included on a multi car policy. @ modern and 4 classics. At the moment it is with the AA.
Regards
Colin