Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Tired of insurance premiums going up every year?

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
1949startinghandle

Re: Tired of insurance premiums going up every year?

Post by 1949startinghandle »

my quote for a Mercedes C Class went up to about -----£560! this was as much as for a quote I got for a 2008 Bentley Continental. So I got on the MeerKats site, and got a quote from COOP for about half the renewal. also, I now get a nic toy furry Meerkat.

captain bobo

Post by captain bobo »

Well what a pleasant surprise! I've just received a renewal quote for joint insurance for my 1937 Daimler 15 Sports Saloon & my 1969 V8 250. I had to read it twice because the premium has gone down - not by much but down!

Same insurer, same T&C's, same agreed values, lower price. I even called them to verify that the price had dropped & they confirmed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Best wishes, Dave B

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Nope, are you sure it wasn't a dream? :D
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

gc0700

Post by gc0700 »

The renewal for my Mercedes C class has just arrived and it's gone down by £16.
Hopefully my Dart insurance, which is due next month, will also have gone down.

Tim
Tim

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

They must have been reading this forum!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

1949startinghandle

Post by 1949startinghandle »

I had a nasty shock - I told you how I got a huge increase? I ignored it and they then took , with no permission, the increased premium in one go from my Debit card! I have managed to get a promise of a refund, I am waiting now hopefully.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi my Insurance company (Saga); decided in their infaninite wisdom to increase my premium by £50-00 this year ,so changed to Lancaster Insurance and through the MG Owners Club ,its now back to less than I was paying last year, so it does pay to look around!!
This was of course for my MG ZS :D

Chees A’l :) :D :D

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Keith,
I notice that on all the renewals that I have received in the last couple of years it says something like, "relax you do not have to do anything, we will automatically take payment so that your cover runs continually". What total b-----ks, it is in the hope that you will just carryover the cover and not bother looking for other quotes.

The annoying thing is that nowhere on the emails is the option to decline. You have to ring them up or send a separate email and actually tell them not to rob you of your money.

Robbing B-----ds
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

More Hassle,
I insured my Honda S2000 through Lancaster. A month later I received a letter from Zenith (the actual company) to say that after checking the data base that the info that I had given was incorrect and the cover was going to be revoked. That info was that the Wife was involved in a no fault incident. I gave the right info but the data base is incorrect. The company of the driver that hit the wife's car tried to say that it was her fault and thus said so to the data base. The wife's company employed a solicitor to get it sorted but the data base has not been updated.
I had to get a letter from the wife's company to send to my company to prove I was no Liar. I had to plead with the wife's company to get the database changed and I had to sit waiting on the end of the phone to Lancaster for hours while a recorded message kept repeating " we are experiencing a high volume of calls at present your call is important to us please hold while we put you through to an angent,at my expense.
It's not the Wife's company fault but they should of followed up and corrected the database. I was not impressed though that an agent from the wife's firm tried to fob me of by saying that the database can't be changed and that I will just have to live with increased payments for five years while the slate is cleared.
It's not the fault of my agent but I will not use them next year because of all the time and cost of the calls while I have had sat listening to recorded messages.
The real pain though is that the Wife was branded at fault when she was not because an insurance firm were trying it on even though fault was accepted by the guy that ploughed into her. That and the fact that I was branded a liar and all the time so far and still not having confirmation that it is sorted.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

It's not just car premiums either.

Our combined house policy came up for renewal - up from £260.00 last year to £380 odd this year.

Needless to say we were straight on to "Confused.com" and managed to get a better policy, with smaller excesses for.........£225!!!!!

Neil
Normal for Norfolk