Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Modern Classics

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Modern Classics

Post by JT7196 »

Well, you learn something new every day !! Many thanks for that, In fact, I have only recently written to the editor of the MG Owners Club, complaining that they hardly ever have any articles referring the the MG ZS.
I have now written one covering the last 14 yrs of my MG ZS ownership, be interesting to see if it gets published .

Cheers Al

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Modern Classics

Post by Salmons »

I recently owned a MG Magnette ZB , it had been restored some years ago and after I did a few jobs she was in fine condition.

There seemed to be two main MG clubs one catering mainly for the Magnette ZA and ZB.

I joined and went along to a meeting held in Norfolk and was pleased to see that there was about ten 'Classic' Magnettes there.

Members came to see my car but soon lost interest saying "Oh, it's Original!".

Their cars all had larger engines, 5 speed gearboxes etc and were "real classics".

Should there be clubs for modified or modernised classics?

Dennis