Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Classic car insurance

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Hamish

Re: Classic car insurance

Post by Hamish »

Hi Dave
Glad you got sorted.
But for others still looking.
I use Carole Nash.
Agreed value via 6 pics submitted via their phone app. Very easy.
Have used them for my motorbikes for years.
However, the proof of their great performance came when I needed a bike claim when a car pulled out on me on my BMW 1150 gs adventure. They really looked after the claim and the bike fix really well.
H
Over 50 years in Darts !

David S

Post by David S »

Well Mark, that is exactly what I found today.
My modern Jaguar has been off the road and on SORN for much of the winter and I want it on the road again next month. I called Adrian Flux and was told the price they quoted me last December has gone up by a whooping £75! I told them I would not pay and I'd look around further, the representative talked about extra tax etc since the budget but knocked off about £30, I still refused, asking for a reference and saying I'd call back. The representative then said he'd 'see his supervisor' and came back with another offer, which was still £20 more than the previous December quote, but I took it and thought I'd run it to the end.
You never know when to bargain and when to pay, it is just like playing poker!
What a shame there's no comparison site for old/historic/classic cars.
Oh, and by the way, I spoke to Haggerty insurance [0844 8113530] about another old car and found their representative most knowledgeable and helpful, though I've never used Haggerty in the past I think I may well do so next time round.

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

The big comparison sites do https://www.confused.com/car-insurance/classic just one of
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

It's a shame about Flux, they used to be the market leader, but in the past few years they seem to have concentrated on winning new business, rather than looking after loyal customers. Norton have just sent me my renewal for the Daimler; £85. Plus I have increased the agreed value on the Bentley - no forms, no club certification, and no cost. Just sent them 6 current photos (by email) and it is done straight away. This is the sort of service I used to get from Flux 20 years ago!

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

WE have to deal with Flux for the Society Lorry as they appear to be the only ones who will do "any driver over 25" for a classic. It's quite dear, too.

Unless anyone knows of another firm who will do that type of cover........................?

Neil

Ps - My cars are with Peter James - again, £85 and a few pence.
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

My Daimlers and Westminster are insured with Lancaster all at £85ish. In my experience all insurance companies, AA etc. try it on at renewal time. I always haggle until they put it back down to last year's price or very near. Last year the AA was quoting me over £50 more than a "first time joiner" and I am a so called "Gold member"! I asked them to match that and they said they couldn't so I asked them what was stopping me leaving and rejoining at the lower price. After a chat with his supervisor the extra £50 was waived! All very tiresome I know and disappointing that they don't respect our loyalty but such is life.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster