Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Transport Company

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
BigJAK

Transport Company

Post by BigJAK »

Can anyone recommend a company to transport a Conquest Century from Perthshire, PH11 8DY to Flintshire CH7 6DX?

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Transport Company

Post by grahamemmett »

I have used a service called Anyvan. They publish your requirements to their registered companies who then bid for your job. The result was very cost effective and satifpsfacory. The transport was a very big Merc Sprinter and big trailer.
Www.anyvan.com
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Your best bet is to find a one-man-band outfit who operates a recovery vehicle and offer him cash, and as he might well do the job out of mainsteam hours - you would get a good deal. He does not have to be local - just on the route, as the mileage is the same.

Going through an official agency only gives them a commission.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I looked and looked but couldn’t find anybody to do the job until I found Anyvan. None of the independents could take the nearly 2 tonnes weight. For comparison, Anyvan charged me £200 for the 200 miles from Cheshire to east London. The rig came all the way from mid-Wales to do the job. No idea how he made any money.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

BigJAK

Post by BigJAK »

I have messaged one man operations and they are looking on average £500 but this AnyVan is coming out below £300!

BigJAK

Post by BigJAK »

I have booked with AnyVan will let you know how it goes.

BigJAK

Post by BigJAK »

So here is the update.
I booked transport with AnyVan last Friday and chose their cheapest price which was a one week window to deliver, I also opted for £15,000 additional comprehensive insurance. The total cost was £336.40 and the car arrived with no issues, within the date range and I was given text updates and a final estimated time of arrival.
The cost was half of the most expensive quote and £100 less than the lowest, so a good job all round.