Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dashboard top panel removal

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Roark

Dashboard top panel removal

Post by Roark »

I was hoping that someone on this forum would have some idea of how to remove the top panel on a DE36/27 dashboard.

The n/side of the bulkhead has some quite severe wood rot and the woodworm have been busy too. There are obvious flight holes in the plywood panel and I hope I can replace this by having someone user a laser cutter. Unless one cannot cut wood with a laser. The final panel, the ash framed part that sits between the A posts is the rotten bit and the woodworm have been at that and the dashboard top panel which I have to remove to have repaired. Trying to remove slotted wood screws is "trying" in itself but while I have removed as many of the items that I think might be holding the panel in place, various stays etc. the top panel remains fixed in place. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Quite why the coach builder used square nuts instead of hexagons is another motoring mystery.

Roark

Re: Dashboard top panel removal

Post by Roark »

Problem solved!
Realising that my car has an opening windscreen I reasoned that, perhaps, there might be one of the ubiquitous slotted screws holding the panel in place and there were just two. Now I have to find a way of impregnating the timber with wood worm killer.
I still have to find a way of removing the ash framed hooper that keeps the A frame apart.