Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Poll - 585 page draft Brexit withdrawal agreement

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance

Have you read the draft deal?

I have read it.
No votes
I skimmed through it.
33%
I downloaded it but haven't read it yet.
No votes
I haven't downloaded it yet.
67%
I have found something related to classic cars.
No votes

Total votes: 3

John-B
Site Admin

Poll - 585 page draft Brexit withdrawal agreement

Post by John-B »

I've downloaded the 585 page document and searched for "car" which produced lots of examples of the word "carried" and one or two about new car proposals. I searched for "classic" and it produced one irrelevant link to "classical swine fever". I searched for "veteran" which produced no examples.

Browny points to anyone who finds anything interesting in it relevant to classic cars. There might be something about buying or selling across borders. There is a section relating to new vehicles for emissions, etc.

Have you read the draft deal?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pean-union
You can vote for two options.
You can change your vote later if you have read it or found something interesting.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Poll - 585 page draft Brexit withdrawal agreement

Post by John-B »

Come on, you guys and gals, the Brexit draft agreement is supposed to be important. Only two votes, one of which was mine.

It doesn't take long to download it from the government link, but understanding it will take time!

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I think it will be voted down and May resigned before I get through all those pages John so I think I might wait until the next 'Deal' is published :D .
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Extracts from the draft agreement:

9. Motor vehicles, including agricultural and forestry tractors

– Council Directive 70/157/EEC of 6 February 1970 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the permissible sound level and the exhaust system of motor vehicles

– Regulation (EU) No 540/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on the sound level of motor vehicles and of replacement silencing systems, and amending Directive 2007/46/EC and repealing Directive 70/157/EEC Directive 2005/64/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2005 on the type-approval of motor vehicles with regard to their reusability, recyclability and recoverability and amending Council Directive 70/156/EEC

– Directive 2006/40/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 relating to emissions from air conditioning systems in motor vehicles and amending Council Directive 70/156/EEC

– Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2007 on type approval of motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6) and on access to vehicle repair and maintenance information

– Directive 2007/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of
5 September 2007 establishing a framework for the approval of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles (Framework Directive)

Regulation (EU) 2018/858 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2018 on the approval and market surveillance of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles, amending Regulations (EC) No 715/2007 and (EC) No 595/2009 and repealing Directive 2007/46/EC

– Regulation (EC) No 78/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 January 2009 on the type-approval of motor vehicles with regard to the protection of pedestrians and other vulnerable road users, amending Directive 2007/46/EC and repealing Directives 2003/102/EC and 2005/66/EC2

– Regulation (EC) No 661/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 concerning type-approval requirements for the general safety of motor vehicles, their trailers and systems, components and separate technical units intended therefor

– Regulation (EC) No 79/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of
14 January 2009 on type-approval of hydrogen-powered motor vehicles, and amending Directive 2007/46/EC

Regulation (EC) No 595/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 June 2009 on type-approval of motor vehicles and engines with respect to emissions from heavy duty vehicles (Euro VI) and on access to vehicle repair and maintenance information and amending Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 and Directive 2007/46/EC and repealing Directives 80/1269/EEC, 2005/55/EC and 2005/78/EC

– Regulation (EU) No 168/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 January 2013 on the approval and market surveillance of two- or three-wheel vehicles and quadricycles

– Regulation (EU) 2015/758 of the European Parliament and of the Council of
29 April 2015 concerning type-approval requirements for the deployment of the eCall in-vehicle system based on the 112 service and amending Directive 2007/46/EC

– Regulation (EC) No 443/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009 setting emissions performance standards for new passenger cars as part of the Community's integrated approach to reduce CO2 emissions from light-duty vehicles

Regulation (EU) No 510/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2011 setting emission performance standards for new light commercial vehicles as part of the Union's integrated approach to reduce CO 2 emissions from light-duty vehicles

– Regulation (EU) No 167/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 February 2013 on the approval and market surveillance of agricultural and forestry vehicles

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

Well John, there might be noise regulations but the boy racers round here certainly are not taking any notice, nor the police or the MOT testers. The little blighters keep us awake half the nights with their big boy pipes!
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

John, I dont think worth reading as I am sure will be thrown out this week.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

I haven't because it will probably all change tomorrow anyway.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"