Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

MOT Exemptions

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Warsash 2

Re: MOT Exemptions

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
My mechanic who was an old style MOT examiner tells me the problem is that a lot of younger MOT testers have no idea if they cannot plug into the cars computer. I thing that was the governments thinking, if they ever thought of anything
Regards

Colin

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I think Marchesmark is correct. That’s how it has worked out for me. The good part about it is that you can keep the car taxed all year and don’t have to mess about with SORN through the winter. I never bothered with SORN but the saving on tax is a bonus. The other good thing is that your not as tied to a date for MOT just to get the tax renewal.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

KV8

Post by KV8 »

grahamemmett wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:12 pm But when it’s 40 years old you don’t need to relicense it?
Or am I driving around illegally?
As Chris_R points out you are legally required to re licence the car annually and whilst you have to go through the process every year it costs nothing.

Yes you are driving round illegally and as a consequence your insurance may also be invalid! Go to www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax it takes minutes to licence your car(s)

HTH

H