Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Reclaiming original registration and transferring replacement reg to other vehicle

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Vengaburns

Reclaiming original registration and transferring replacement reg to other vehicle

Post by Vengaburns »

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone had gone through the process of reclaiming an original reg plate, and transferring the re-registered plate to another vehicle? My LD10 got a new plate in the 1980s, but the original is still available, but would like to keep both plates if possible.
Many thanks,
Chris

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Reclaiming original registration and transferring replacement reg to other vehicle

Post by Norfolk Lad »

You need to prove to the DVLA that this was you cars plate unless you mean it is for sale, proving it to the DVLA is not always possible if record cards are not available unless you have other records which they may or may not let you use.

Simon Hyslop

Re: Reclaiming original registration and transferring replacement reg to other vehicle

Post by Simon Hyslop »

I'm assuming you do mean that the original registration is available for sale or at least is available to acquire from another vehicle, currently MOTed and with no conditions on the V5C. If that is the case, I don't see why you can't transfer the number off your LD10 and put it onto something else or have it on a retention certificate provided your LD10 is also MOTed and has no condition on the V5C saying the number is non transferable.

If your LD10s V5C says 'non transferable' on it, you can buy or acquire the original number and put it back on your car but you will lose the number your LD10 had from the 80's. The rules changed in the 1990s and reissued original numbers were automatically issued as non transferable, as mine is on KWW 352. However, I did straightforwardly replace a GSL *** number, a DVLA 1980s issue, on a 50s car with another two letter four digit registration I had on retention without any problem.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

You can claim back a vehicles original registration that has been "lost" on a V765 application. The V765 application must be countersigned by the club's V765 representative. Specific pre-1983 evidence such as an old style log book that links the chassis number and the claimed original registration is required. Any such number is assigned on a non-transferrable basis and therefore cannot be then transferred to another vehicle.