Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

How many of your cars are roadworthy?

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance

Is/are my classic car/s roadworthy?

My car(s) is more or less roadworthy.
81%
My car(s) isn't roadworthy.
19%

Total votes: 26

John-B
Site Admin

How many of your cars are roadworthy?

Post by John-B »

How many of your classic cars can be driven on public roads (ignore whether it/they have an MOT and/or insurance or not). In other words, has your car got all the major functions like engine, steering, brakes and lights working, even if not up to MOT standard?
I thought it might be interesting to know what proportion of members' cars could be driven on public roads and how many are in a state of disrepair.

If you have several cars, vote for the majority; if you have an equal number roadworthy as un-roadworthy, then don't vote.

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Re: How many of your cars are roadworthy?

Post by classiclife »

Hello John,

I think there will be many cars owned by Forum readers, that are better than just "more or less roadworthy" - I'd certainly consider by V8 saloon and Triumph Vitesse above that category.

Regards.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I have three an SP250 and a V8 250, both of which are road legal insured and would be on the road now but for the bug, my 37 Mulliner sports is working and roadworthy to a point, the lighting is below standard and it needs a set of tyres, which are a big investment, other than that I would say it would pass an MOT. so 3 out of 3. Syd

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

So far 11 roadworthy and only 2 un-roadworthy. That's much better than I expected. You all must have been very busy during lockdown!

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

No John, my cars are always maintained to the highest degree regardless of the lockdown, like I’ve always maintained, that looking after my cars and Bike for that matter, is not just a “Hobby, but more of an “ Obsession” 😂😂😂😂😂

Cheers Big Bad Al 😂😂😂

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Only 18 people have voted out of 230 views and 912 members? I expected more given the number of technical questions about cars undergoing repairs.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

These are my three 'Classics' John (looking a bit dusty)......
P1000306.JPG
All are currently roadworthy, taxed, insured and regularly given an 'outing'. That doesn't mean they don't get what my wife thinks is an inordinate amount of attention, but that's classic cars for you - there's always something needing just that little bit of improvement........ :D ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

John-B wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:18 pm Only 18 people have voted out of 230 views and 912 members? I expected more given the number of technical questions about cars undergoing repairs.
Well at the time of that post (22:18 Sunday), from first to the one before the 22:18 post, there were 5 posts inclusive.
230 / 5 = 46 which means that 46 people have viewed the thread at each new post, of which 18 voted i.e. 28 haven't voted.

However, you did say
John-B wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am if you have an equal number roadworthy as un-roadworthy, then don't vote.
Which might explain why some of the 28 have not voted.

ttajf

Post by ttajf »

Hi John , 2 out of 2 are on the road for me and used as drive to work cars regular.
All the best Tony
Kind regards
Tony Fardoe
Chairman DLOC.

lioneleast

Post by lioneleast »

I had one V8 Saloon which is roadworthy, but not used nearly enough.

Lione
Vicki's wedding-a.jpg
l