North America

Ozzsp250

North America

Post by Ozzsp250 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:24 am

I'm currently at the DLOC North America rally in Williamsburg, VA. USA.

Much discussion about keeping the club alive and well in the USA / Canada region has taken place.

The current web site http://dlocna.org/ is in need of attention is there a way to "link" it to the UK Chapter? If so what would it take?

Thanks --- Dennis

John-B
Site Admin

Re: North America

Post by John-B » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:28 am

Don't worry, there's been a link to the DLOCNA website on this page viewtopic.php?f=35&t=838 for years! It's in the Other Websites - Abroad forum.

Bud

Post by Bud » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Dennis,

I would venture to say that most Daimler enthusiasts in North America knew nothing about this rally or are even aware that the organization exists.
The DLOCNA has been basically non-existent as an organization in the web world since its first posting as I have periodically looked at the site over the years since I first attended a meet in Corning, NY 17 yrs ago. Nothing ever changed so I stopped looking.
Why would you have a rally in April when most areas of the country have their vehicles still in storage?
One can only wonder.
By the way, just how many people are participating in this rally down in Williamsburg,Va. this weekend?
What did I miss out on by not being aware?
Why should I re-associate with the DLOCNA?
Just revisited the DLOCNA web site and all pages referred to on the banner come back error 404 page unavailable. Looks similar to this site but functionless.

grahamemmett

Post by grahamemmett » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:57 am

The DLOC main website will be renewed shortly and overseas chapters will be welcome to have their own section. Meanwhile the forum is a good place to start but of course it needs somebody to post the event in the first place.
Graham Emmett
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)