Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Drive It Day 22nd April 2018

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
John-B
Site Admin

Drive It Day 22nd April 2018

Post by John-B »

It's Drive It Day on 22nd April so get your car ready today!

It's going to be so hot your coolant may boil :D

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Drive It Day 22nd April 2018

Post by John-B »

Wilton House Wake Up from 8am on a sunny, warm day. I met a lady from Bournemouth who came in a 1950s Aston Martin. She also has a red SP250 but doesn't want an entry in PasSPort for privacy reasons.

The theme was Iconic Performance cars so there were hardly any classic cars. The supercars, as usual, made a huge amount of noise doing a "power off"; really rasping high decibel noise with lots of backfiring and sometimes flame. I prefer my Dart exhaust note. There was also a hill climb at Broad Chalke so many supercars went there afterwards.

On the way home I realised what a huge blind spot the detachable hardtop has as I moved away at a road junction and a dark landrover zipped past on the inside and nearly side-swiped me.
DSCN1804220628dartwiltonhouse1024x768.jpg
Invicta in Lord Pembroke's museum below:
DSCN1804220629invicta1024x768.jpg

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Was happy to lead 9 cars astray with the SP250 from Tamworth up into the Peaks for lunch at the Manifold Inn which we shared with the Jowett Club. A good time had by all and they mostly didn't get lost. Hoping the Hooddown Club lives on a little longer but we are all getting pretty ancient.
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I did intend to join the St George's day run from Sheringham to Holkham.
But overheating and a knocking noise from V8 250 engine on Friday caused me to leave car at home. Some Four hundred and eleven cars were booked in and others joined in so the whole Market Car park and nearby roads were a scene of chaos. There was a good range of cars but I did not see one Daimler, probably why most people at local shows ask what the car is!

If local garage cannot help I will have to take the car to Robert Grinter.

Dennis

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

I would have been there, but the railway called (Gala Weekend)

Here's a couple of shots of the rather full car park. Ignore the moderns on the front rows!!
Attachments
IMG_20180422_092058975_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180422_092054410.jpg
Normal for Norfolk