Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

2016 International Rally June 12th Cornwall

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

2016 International Rally June 12th Cornwall

Post by grahamemmett »

COME ON DOWN!! - to Cornwall that is. Make a week of it, take a break.
The 2016 International Rally weekend is 11th and 12th June at Tregenna Castle in St. Ives, Cornwall.
All the details are on the website
http://WWW.dlocrally.com

See you there!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: 2016 International Rally June 12th Cornwall

Post by Fossil »

We had planned to travel to Cornwall taking three days each way in view of a variety of health issues, and to give our original Dart it's first decent run following a two year engine rebuild and gearbox swap to Jaguar 4 synchro overdrive, plus an almost 18 month full retrim, now on the verge of completion, but unfortunately one of my health issues, a susceptibility to slipped discs, has struck again, so it has all had to be abandoned. Recovery is proceeding well, now up and about again although still confined to the house, but Argyll to Cornwall will be out of the question for at least 3 months to judge from past experience.

What is the intended location of the 2017 event?

Cheers

Geoff

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Geoff I believe that 2017 is in Redhill Surrey near Barry Thorne whilst keeping with tradition 2018 will be in Holland
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Really sorry you won't be able to make it Geoff - that's a real shame.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Simon
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Darren & Simon

Thanks for your good wishes, delighted to hear about 17 and 18. It's a long time since I last saw Surrey and it will be great to return to Holland once again.

All the best

Geoff

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

The only interesting thing I can find about Redhill is that Ronnie Biggs and Bernard Bresslaw used to live there............
Oh, and it's just down the road from Gatwick................

I'll give it 5, but i won't be going.........................
Normal for Norfolk

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Neil there is Norfolk what about North Norfolk now that you are going to move over the border, guess we could rob the local steam Train and we have the famous MR N SHARPE.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Well, many a true word spoken in jest, Peter, but one of the most successful ones in the history of the Rally was the one "we"( Knight, Semple, Sharpe & Hooper plc) did at Sandringham.....................
Normal for Norfolk

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

I have 2 spare tickets for the Thursday evening trip, if anyone is interested. The Minack Theatre production of 'As You Like It' is at 8pm on Thursday 8th June, at this amazing venue.

Value of the tickets is £11.50 each - please let me know if you are interested in them.

Thanks

Alan

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

The weekend was great. The trips on Friday & Saturday had something for everyone. The meal on Saturday was one of the best for a mass catering, it was delicious and very well attended. It was great to meet other members. The Sunday started with a heavy mist! but it was great that the cars were mixed up and avoided the monotony of just slab or similar cars. The car of the show for me was James Milson 1921 40HP Lanchester.
Well done to Kevin Ann and the rest of the crew for organising such a great event.
Regards
Colin