Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Tetbury Classic Car Show 2016

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Tetbury Classic Car Show 2016

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Despite heavy rain the yesterday, it held off for the Tetbury Show today - in fact I think it was possibly another record turnout with around 700 cars braving a very overcast sky.

Four SP's formed the Daimler contingent (I didn't find any others but if I missed anyone I apologise) and these were Wilf Stephens green 'Dragon'....

...Derek Greens very original (one previous owner!) white car...

Derek was at last years Show and he's making good progress on bringing the car up to scratch. The engine is looking a work of art and Derek's fitted a manual gearbox from a V8 saloon (and overdrive) in place of the original.

...Graham Instrell's recently acquired red car (ex David Nanciekievill)....

and my own blue car...

Graham had a pretty eventful day, running out of petrol just as he arrived (his 'B' spec car has a reserve fuel switch, but it wasn't co-operating today). He managed to find a couple of helpful owners who lent him a Pratts fuel can which he was able to fill at the local Tesco and a funnel to get the fuel into the car...

More positively, Derek and I were discussing the cars when a couple turned up and said 'we used to own that car!' They were owners of Derek's car back in the eighties so he was able to get some interesting history straight from the horses mouth. Interestingly, Ian Turner, the onetime owner of Derek's car has recently bought another SP (GCT 211) so perhaps withdrawal symptoms are hard to overcome?

And finally, a piccie of what the SP might have been if Tom Karens Ogle design had been taken up?...

Altogether an excellent day!

Registrations 460 RFK, 7751 NC, 632 HRH and 3 FYX
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".