Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Classics & Supercars at the Castle. 15th & 16th July 2017

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Classics & Supercars at the Castle. 15th & 16th July 2017

Post by theoldman »

I fell out big time with the local Wings and Wheels show some years back.

I refuse to use my petrol, cleaning materials and time to earn money for the shows and then pay for the privilege!!!

Haven't been to a "pay and display" show since then and will not do in the future.

The DLOC rally is slightly different in that this is to cover our own club costs. (and you do get some free goodies!!)
Normal for Norfolk

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Big A'l wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 am Hi, John, interesting to read that the Jaguar stand at Breamore House was full up, for the first time in many years there was no Jaguar stand at this years event. ... Apparently, this "New" way of charging had apparently caused quite a lot of " discussion " within the Jaguar club, hence their decision Not to come at all!
Best wishes A'l
Dorset Region Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club had their own show at Breamore House on 28th May but I missed it because I didn't know about it. Another SP250 owner went as other classic cars were welcome and he told me about it later.

The Poole Bay Extravaganza has become quite a big event, probably as big as Sherborne. It's a similar situation of a show in fields next to a historic house. The first area is for members' classic cars, with a ring for parades and events, surrounded by food stalls. Next to that is the general mixed classic car area, next are the club stands and beyond is the non-classic area. There are narrow lanes leading to the site but from the entrance you are free to go to any area at any time. You just drive around until you find a space in an appropriate area.

The Hampshire classic car show in August at Breamore House is more conventional, basically mixed classic cars or non-classic.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, John. Do you know the date of the next event at Poole ?

Cheers A'l :D

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Big A'l wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm Hi, John. Do you know the date of the next event at Poole ?

Cheers A'l :D
I'm not a member of Poole Bay club, but this is their website:
http://www.poolebayclassics.co.uk/
Events diary here: http://www.poolebayclassics.co.uk/diary/4579164381
Next meeting on 25th July club night, then 4th August at Swanage. I get the general impression that Poole Bay members have 1940s to 1970s cars whereas Wessex Car Club members seem to have modern supercars and kit cars and enjoy a good "power off" from a meeting.

A neighbour of mine has been a Poole Bay member for years and I meet people from Poole at the monthly Wilton Wake Up and they are probably Poole Bay members. They all seem nice people. My neighbour has a Rover Sterling Coupé, a large executive limousine he bought cheap from a widow in perfect condition. A lovely car.

The Hampshire Classic car show at Breamore House is on 14th August
https://www.classicmotorshows.co.uk/breamore-house
But this is nothing to do with Poole Bay club, it seems to be commercial: "Gemini Events, organisers of classic motor events and shows in England."

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, well unless things change, and that looks very unlikely, it looks like the DLOC will not be having a stand at next years event.
It's just too much hassle , especially as the organisers decided to charge for the stand spaces and not per car, so of course, the poor old stand organiser having no idea how many entries he/ she is going to get ,has no idea as to the likely cost per entrant !!

Cheers A'l :(

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, of course, the alternative, is for owners to just turn up on the day and park their cars in the Classic Car parking area, but will probably cost around £15:00+per car .

Cheers A'l