Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Classics & Supercars at the Castle. 15th & 16th July 2017

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Classics & Supercars at the Castle. 15th & 16th July 2017

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, this years event will now take place over Two days, and I am delighted to announce the DLOC has very kindly confirmed that they are prepared to sponsor the club stand.
This in turn has given you the members of our club the opportunity to enter this superb event,Free of charge, but numbers will be limited to a maximum of Ten cars per day and cover the Driver and One passenger, of course, additional passengers will have to pay the normal admission price.
This event as always, takes place at Sherborne Castle Dorset
More details to follow, as Stand entry forms are not available to date.

Cheers A'l
Last edited by JT7196 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Classics & Supercars at the Castle. 15th & 16th July 2017

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, as usual, I am organising a stand at Sherborne Castle Dorset DT9-5NR
You will find the link for the entry form for this year's event enclosed below .
Please ignore the lower part of this form ( Car Entry Fee), and just fill in the top Two sections of the upper section , the section indicating which or both days you wish to attend and the Declaration Section at the bottom of the form, and return it to Me enclosing a Large SAE Envelope.

There is NO ENTRY FEE for this year's event, for entrants, as the Daimler & Lanchester Club has agreed to finance the stand.

There is a maximum No of 10 vehicles allowed on the stand per day, so entries will, of course, be on a " First come first served basis" so please send in your entry as soon as possible !!

NOTE This year's event is being held over Two Days, so, please indicate which Day /s you intend to attend

https://classicsatthecastle.files.wordp ... y-form.pdf

Send in your completed Entry Form to :-
Mr A Wheatley,
36, Eliotts Drive ,
Yeovil,
Somerset,
BA21-3NN

Tel No :- 01935-420168

Best wishes Alan

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, still looking for more entries to this year's event, remember, the there is no entry fee for this year's event, you have the choice of entering either one or both days.
This really is a super event with lots of Trade stands, Auto-Jumble, and about 1200 vehicles are expected to enter, take a look at the Classics & super Cars website for more details. :-

https://classicsatthecastle.co.uk/

Looking forwards to meeting up with some of you at this superb event, A'l :D :lol: :D :D

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Well organised again, Alan. I went to the show on Saturday so I missed you as you were at a wedding. I hope it went OK.
DSCN1707150427sherborne800x600.jpg
DSCN1707150425sherborne800x600.jpg
DSCN1707150426sherborne800x600.jpg
DSCN1707150424sherborneBSAandDaimler800x600.jpg
DSCN1707150423daimlerv8250-800x600.jpg
DSCN1707150430sherborneSP250800x600.jpg
DSCN1706040333dartatstocktonpark800x600.jpg
ABU 574 Lanchester
DKL 704 Daimler
PWC 383 blue SP250
824 NKP red SP250
AVC 846 cream Daimler
FKE 387 BSA
TYF 173F Daimler V8 250
935 FXO red SP250 (PasSPort says 936 FXO but it looks like 935 to me.)
183 GHY maroon Dart A spec.
I also saw pea-green V8 saloon going towards Sherborne as I returned home.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi,John, well Sunday was very disappointing, only Four cars turned up out of the Eight booked for the Sunday including my own, not sure why people enter these events and then do not turn up!
One, phoned to say that his wife was very unwell and had been unable to find a driver at short notice( Fair enough) another phoned early on Sunday. Saying that he had been disappointed with the Show on the previous day,, so would Not be coming!!!! The other Two didn't bother to contact me at all!
It left me with the unenvious task of trying to make a Fifty Foot square space look full with Four cars!
I do work really hard and put in a lot of time and effort to ensure that members have some good events to attend ,but ,really not sure if I will be organising the stand next year, if this is the sort of support that I am goiing to get from some of our members, especially as they all had a Free entry, and perhaps that is the nub of the problem , no entry Fee , no commitment. Ho-Hum.
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG

From a slightly P...d Off, Big "Sad" A'l. :( :(

I would like to thank Alec Mackenzie 250 V8, Dave Partridge SP250, & Anthony Baily SP250, for attending. Your support was very much appreciated A'l :D
JT 7196 Lanchester
AMY 699H Green Daimler V8-250
834 EON Blue SP250
754 DLU Red SP250

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I appreciate that it's a lot of work for you, especially as it's now a two day event.

I suppose you could decide to make it a one day event for the club stand, remove the flag for the other day, leaving a space. Only the organisers would know what the space was supposed to be for.

One issue for me was that I would never want to stay from 8 am to 4 pm, especially this year as I wanted to go to another event. This other event at Breamore House organised by Poole Car Club had club stands which were part of the general classic car area, so cars could join a club stand just for a few hours. In fact, I was directed to the Jaguar stand, but it was full so I parked in the mixed area nearby (I didn't really want to be associated with Jaguar, anyway!).

Perhaps the Sherborne organisers could re-plan so that club stands could be visited for a short time. You would get more cars at the club stand for part of the day. Discuss it with the organisers. As it is, a visitor like me sees a few cars at the club stand then wanders around in the mixed area looking for other club cars.

At Breamore House all the club stands seemed to be full at midday, probably because people came for just a few hours.

That pea-green V8-250 must have been the one that flashed lights at me on Saturday.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, John, yes it would be a nice idea for owners to be able " Drop in" ,but the main problem is the access road which runs through the whole site and in quite narrow. No doubt the organisers would also see this idea as a " Health and Safety" issue.! !
The idea of making it a "One day" event had actually crossed my mind yesterday, the main problem would be my concern that the Club may consider it not worth making the "investment" in sponcering the stand for only one day.
The other way, would be to not have a Club stand at all, and just invite owners to park in the ClassicCar Park", of course, they would have to pay to do so ( approx £15:00 per car I think) but no doubt, that would put many owners off in coming at all.

Cheers A'l :D :D

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

It would be good if similar cars could park together. Yesterday at Breamore House I met another SP250 owner, but it was only when I moved my car into a space next to his that we could have a useful conversation.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, John, interesting to read that the Jaguar stand at Breamore House was full up, for the first time in many years there was no Jaguar stand at this years event.
The reason is, that the organisers of the event "decided" that instead of charging individual owners to enter the event, they would charge a fixed amount for individual stand space, ( I believe the the TVR club had to pay around £500:00 for their large plot! ) .
This make's it very difficult for stand organisers such as myself, because not knowing how many entries one is going to get, it's impossible to be able to assess how much each individual has to pay to cover the stand space charge, hence my asking our club to sponcor the stand space.
Apparently, this "New" way of charging had apparently caused quite a lot of " discussion " within the Jaguar club, hence their decision Not to come at all!

Many thanks must go to the DLOC, if it were not for their very generous decision, to sponsor our stand, we would probably also have not been there this year.

Best wishes A'l

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

It has always seemed a strange concept to me that classic car owners (or clubs) should have to pay to enter their cars so that paying visitors can see the them. We are providing the exhibits, without which there would be no show. This is not a criticism of any show, club or organiser just an observation.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster