Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

'Wheelnuts' 2017

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

'Wheelnuts' 2017

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

The sixth annual 'Wheelnuts' show took place at St. Roses School, Tetbury yesterday. This always attracts a really eclectic mix of vehicles and yesterday was no exception - Stanley Steamer, Ford V8 Pilot, Grinnall Scorpion, Trojan, Ford Mustang to name but a few. Daimler was represented by 3 SP's, two '77 Daimler Sovereigns and a '68 V8 250 - no Lanchesters. A dull start turned into a really warm sunny spring day which seemed to encourage a record turnout.

I found myself so busy answering questions about the car that I only had time to snap the attending SP's...
1-P1280497.JPG
1-P1280501.JPG
1-P1280504.JPG
Considering the very large turnout and the wide range and quality of the cars - everything from Berkeleys to Corvettes, it was particularly pleasing that the 'Best Sports Car' award was taken by an SP.

8484 NA 956 HYL 3 FYX
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Dragon

Re: 'Wheelnuts' 2017

Post by Dragon »

Many thanks for the report, Vortex; I'm sorry I left it too late to enter myself.
The school's own report, at your 'Wheelnuts' link above, shows it was successful in all ways, including the money raised for the Special School. By the way, it is in Stroud, not Tetbury.
Wilf,
SP250 104008, Herefordshire.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: 'Wheelnuts' 2017

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Dragon wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm Many thanks for the report, Vortex; I'm sorry I left it too late to enter myself.
The school's own report, at your 'Wheelnuts' link above, shows it was successful in all ways, including the money raised for the Special School. By the way, it is in Stroud, not Tetbury.
Dohh - of course it's Stroud, not Tetbury - a senior moment on my part Wilf. :? I must have been thinking ahead; the Tetbury show is in September - see you there?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".