Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Rally 2017

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
sp250boy

Rally 2017

Post by sp250boy »

I just wondered if I'm getting something wrong regarding the Felbridge Hotel special rate:

Hotel special rate for DLOC £146.90 for standard room

Pleb off the street booked via the website £118

Just a bit confused
It is a Lanchester

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Rally 2017

Post by theoldman »

Best I can get from trivago is £289 for 2 nights - still £4 cheaper than the "special rate"
Normal for Norfolk

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I can only agree, I've booked through Booking.com
Yesterday the hotel quoted £418 for a 3 night stay whereas it was £361 at Booking.com
No idea what they are playing at.
Since contracting to the hotel they have been taken over by Crowne Plaza and it's a different attitude there now.
On the plus side Crowne Plaza have spent a great deal of money upgrading the rooms.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Oh dear, Graham, we're staying at a Crowne Plaza in June.............................hope it's ok!!

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Most hotels, especially those in a chain have a standard "rack" rate for rooms and if an organisation such as the DLOC come along and request a bunch of rooms the rate given will be related to that standard rate. Then, later, the sales organisation of that hotel group will look at the booking rate for the hotel and adjust their prices on internet sites in an attempt to attract and let the remaining capacity. This often results in internet prices below that of the special rate.
Don't knock the DLOC, if you want the hotel, they have to reserve them at the prevailing rate so that you can then make a booking against that block reservation. If they didn't do that you might well find that when you wanted to book your room that none were available. The hotel are also taking a chance that enough members will book against the block reservation.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Yes Chris that's a pretty good description of what has happened.
I reserved 80 rooms of which only half have been booked resulting in the hotel having to dump the remainder on the market.
It is a nice hotel and I have no reservations about the quality of the experience we will enjoy there.
It's just a pity we've not had the take up for the Saturday night.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)